Creativity brought right to your own home. Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center is excited to provide young people the opportunity to learn about art from professional artists, in the comfort of their own home.
Each camp a week includes one unique art lesson each day. Lessons will be presented via pre-recorded video and the projects may be completed at the participants leisure.
Participants will also have the opportunity to video conference with the teaching artist to ask questions and receive feedback.
At the end of each week, participants may share photos of their completed projects, to be presented in an online Virtual Art Exhibition.
The cost of the each camp includes:
• 5 days of art instruction from a professional teaching artists. Learn more about teaching artists HERE
• Supplemental reading and resources to further explore each topic
• Opportunity to communicate directly with a professional teaching artist
Each session comes with a list of needed art supplies to complete each lesson. You may use supplies you have at home, purchase your own supplies or purchase an ART KIT that we have created with Odd Nodd Art Supply. To see needed art supplies please click HERE
It All Begins with A Dot
A dot, is the start of many interesting things. A dot begins a sketch, a drawing or a story.
Sign-up for this camp to see how a dot can lead you to learning how to draw.
Teaching artist Tara Thelen will guide you on an exploration of a wide variety of drawing
techniques. Through this week long camp you will:
• Learn how to draw 3D objects
• Learn about depth, form, perspective, realism
• Use of lines and shading techniques to give shape and form and depth to objects
• Create realistic and measured portraiture
• Create 1 and 2-point scaled perspective drawings, geometric art, and 3D art
Teaching Artist: Tara Thelen
Dates: July 20 – 24
Ages: Suitable for ages 13-17
Exploration of Mixed Media
Teaching artist Paloma Rosales will keep kids cool this summer by exploring a variety of interesting art mediums. They will find creativity in discovering ways to work with paint, fiber and paper. Participants will be amazed in their ability to create their own paintings and creatures using various art mediums.
• Learn the basics of watercolor and color mixing
• Learn how to create a 3D project from a 2D object
• Learn how to transform textiles to a finished project
• Learn how nature inspires art
Teaching Artist: Paloma Rosales
Dates: July 27 – 31
Ages: Suitable for ages 6-10
Kids will work with teaching artist, Regina Pericini, to explore new avenues of creativity and learn the basics of surface design. During this week long camp will explore the basics of block printing making their own ink, learn basic embroidery stitches and using new skills complete the week creating their own pillow.
• Learn about kitchen inks and how to dye fabric
• Learn a simple block printing technique using potatoes
• Learn how sew simple embroidery stitches
• Learn how to make your own pillow
Teaching Artist: Regina Pericini
Dates: Aug. 3 - 7
Ages: Suitable for ages 8-12
Get wild with our art camp, Animal Antics! During this week-long camp, participants will explore a variety of art forms; including paint, paper and clay. Using animals as a subject manner students will be inspired and have fun with daily projects..
• Learn basic sketching techniques
• Learn about symmetry in design
• Learn about composition of paintings
• Learn acrylic painting techniques and color mixing
• Learn about basic clay sculpting techniques
Teaching Artist: Michelle Detering
Date: Aug 10 - 14
Ages: Suitable for ages Kids 7-12
Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center has a limited number of Summer Art Camp At Home scholarships available for participants with financial need. Scholarships may be used for registration or art supplies.
Summer Art Camp At Home
Creativity brought directly to you by the Desk Drawer Fund, R.E. Olds Foundation, Murial Foundation, and Odd Nodd Art Supply, ASAP Printing.