Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Gallery has free admission and is open to the public. As a 501(c)3 we do accept donations at the gallery and online.
Metered street parking is available in front of the galley, as well as throughout the downtown Lansing area. The metered parking is free on the weekends. Additionally, there is public lot parking available across the street of our main entrance. Public parking ramps are also available nearby as well.
CATA has three bus stops within a short walking distance to the gallery. These ADA compliant stops are:
- Ottawa just past N. Capital Ave, the bus lines are 1, 3, 8, 13, 46, 48
- SBD Washington past Michigan Ave
- Grand Ave past E. Michigan Ave, the bus lines are 1, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 46, 48
Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center strives to create a safe and accessible environment for all our guests. In support of this mission, we offer the following services to our guests:
- Online tours of our space through Able Eyes Virtual Tours
- Sensory friendly bags provided by Impression 5 Science Center that include noise cancelling headphones, weighted blankets, and fidget devices.
- Barrier free main-floor access to our main gallery and retail space.
- Elevator access to our 2nd-floor, Education Center through the main entrance of the Knapps Building just one door East of our gallery entrance.
- Handicap accessible public restrooms on both floors.
Children are always welcome at Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center. In addition to the Gallery and Exhibitions, we also have a student art gallery and an Education Center where we offer free hands-on activities for children and adults. You can also find gifts and other fun activities for children in our retail space.
Unfortunately, the staff of Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center cannot provide appraisals of works of art. Please visit the following websites for referrals to appropriate resources. In providing this list, Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center in no way makes any kind of recommendation or endorsement of the companies listed.