Sock Creature How To
Supplies Needed to Make your own Sock Creature
Sock / any size or color
Pillow Stuffing / or other soft filling such as old socks, rags
Glue/taky glue or other liquid glue
Other things i.e. sequins, buttons, feathers
- Stuff your sock with pillow stuffing. Not too little or too much. Be sure there is empty space at the bottom of your sock so you can tie a knot in the bottom (like you would a balloon) or close the bottom by tying a string around the bottom.
- Cut shapes out of the felt to create a face i.e. eyes, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, even clothing. Use the included embellishments to give your Sock some personality. Then glue them onto the sock, let dry.
- Give your Sock Creature a name and create a story about your creation. Take a picture, selfie, or video of you and your Sock Creature and share it with us!
Once your Sock Creature is ready for its public debut take a photo/selfie/video, share and tag @lansingartgallery #sockreatureslansing
Fun Sock Creature ideas:
- Buy several Sock Creature Kits and have a Family Fun Night, or Birthday Party activity.
- Take your Sock Creature on a tour of Lansing and take pictures of your Sock Creature in front of your favorite spots.
- Send a Sock Creature Kit to someone as a gift.
- Create a Sock Creature as your study buddy.